Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sinix Design Lab Thumbs

The laptop I use at home isn't very fast at all so I don't like to paint on it much these days, to be honest I think it could run faster and the problem isn't so much that it's a crap laptop as the fact that Windows Vista is perhaps the worst operating system ever of all time.

Still, you know what they say about the metaphorical workman and his tools.

The theme for this lab was "Dragons", not a subject matter I have a lot of visual familiarity with. To get the ball rolling I decided to go with real animals as my inspiration and just jam with it. Results weren't too bad.

Community stuff is a good outlet for practice.

Even at this low res the response time of Photoshop was painful. Took me an hour to get these 3 down and I reckoned it was a good idea to cut my losses there.

Really need me a copy of Windows 7 heh.

No comments: